Frequently Asked Questions
Phyto = Light/Plant” Plankton = “Floating/Suspended”
Phytoplankton is the stuff that shellfish eat – marine microalgae invisible to the human eye.
Scientists have studied the benefits of marine phytoplankton to humans for decades, but up until now, no one has had the technology to extract it from the ocean for human consumption.
Marine Phytoplankton are a major source of the Earth’s oxygen supply and is the most powerful and essential food on Earth.
Here are some things you must know about marine phytoplankton:
- They are tiny organisms with the ability to convert sunlight, warmth, water and minerals into edible nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and amino acids. These single-celled plants, are the basis of all other life forms on planet Earth and are the ‘vegetation’ of the ocean.
- They are consumed by the smallest to the largest forms of life. Whales that feed on plankton and krill are known to live up to 200 years.
The micronutrients and electrolytes in plankton are exactly what human cell membranes need to carry out their metabolism. Not surprisingly, the composition of human plasma, or fluid surrounding cell membranes, is similar to that of sea water. Relying solely on land-based food sources may lead to deficiencies in these micronutrients and electrolytes. While transient sub-optimal nutrition may be forgiven, a constant diet lacking in these micronutrients will adversely affect every function, structure, and detoxification functions of the human cell. Consequently, our metabolism will suffer, leading to practically all diseases.
Good nutrition will enhance the structure and function of all organs in our bodies. Our brains, muscles, hearts, arteries, joints, bones, skin, hair, hormones, immune system, vision, digestion, kidneys, liver will carry out their jobs much better. Metabolically, our lipids, and sugars can be optimized, thus providing more overall energy, minimize weight problems, and improve sleep. These nutrients improve mental function, and memory. They reduce depression, harmful effects of stress, and mood swings.
Specifically, Spirulina (cyanophyta,) has 62% amino acids, or 20 times more protein than Soy and 200 times more than beef. It is also the richest source of vitamin B12, and it contains high levels of minerals, like Zinc. Spirulina has 10 times more carotenoids than carrots, and it is rich in xanthophyl pigments, like chlorophyll. It is also rich in oils, containing more omega 3s than fish oil, such as GLA.
Plankton is also rich in polymeric, and basic healthy sugars, such as polysaccharides
Plankton also have an alkaline pH, which is important, given the acidity of our diets high in refined sugars, soda pop, and farmed large animals.
The high density of nutrients found in algae is extremely important for many reasons.
Perhaps the most important (as noted above) is that these nutrients maintain human cell membranes in structure and function. This is vital for cell detoxification, and for the overall metabolism of human cells. In fact, the causes of diseases have been simplified to very specific mechanisms, all of which center on cell membrane function and structure.
Inflammation, Oxidation, Toxicity, and Mitochondrial dysfunction keep cell membranes from doing their job effectively.
Algae contain high levels of antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory micronutrients to fuel metabolism and detoxification. Also, they stoke the fires of the Mitochondria, where cells make energy required to carry out their function. Click here to see more health benefits of marine phytoplankton.
Here are some specific benefits of Sea plants documented in the medical literature:
- It is an Immune system enhancer, J. Nutritional Sciences and Vitaminology 1994;40:431
- It enhances macrophages, J. Nutritional Immunology 1995;3:35, J. Immunopharmacology, January 1996.
- It has anti HIV effects, Journal National Cancer Institute, August 1989, page 1254.
- Its phycocyanin stimulates hematopoesis, or building of blood cells, 2nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Algae technology, April 1994.
- It makes Iron more available, J. Nutrition Research 1986;6:85.
- It decreases nephrotoxicity, Annual Symposium Pharmaceutical Society, Japan, 1988
- It was approved in Russia to treat radiation sickness: 20 tablets for 45 days, Grodenski State Medical University, January 15th, 1994, J. Toxicology letters 1989;48:165
- It has anticancer activity by increasing endonuclease enzymes to fix DNA damage J. Nutrition and Cancer 1995;24:197, China J. Genetics 1988;15:374
- Its polysaccharides enhance immune system, 2nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Algae technology, April 1994 J. Agriculture Biol Chem 1983;47:2349
- It treats flu virus, J. Natural Products 1996;59:83.
- Its Calcium-spirulan, a polymerized sugar, treats Herpes Simplex, J. Phytotherapy Research 1993;7:76
- It strengthens immune system in chickens, after they are weakened by antibiotics, Proceedings 44th Western poultry Disease Conference, North Carolina, May 1995, J. Poultry Science 1994;73:46
- Chlorella, or unicellular green algae may reduce AGE, or Advanced Glycosylated Endproducts, which are toxic metabolites resulting from consuming refined sugars. Thus, Chlorella may improve Alzheimer’s disease (J. Medical Hypothesis 2005;65:953.)
Please see our MyPlankton Affiliate Centre link below for more information:
We ship within Australia, New Zealand,USA and Philippines…
Please contact us if there is a specific country you would like to inquire about… Shipping cost outside Australia may attract an additional international shipping fee.
Our phytoplankton products are whole food tonics which are all natural containing no artificial ingredients or fillers. However, any changes in diet for breastfeeding / lactating individuals should consult their medical professional first as they have different nutritional requirements.
Some consumers are concerned with eating ocean-derived plants and fish due to possible toxins.
Each and every batch of our phytoplankton is third-party tested at a licensed facility under the strict guidelines and thus far, continue to meet those high standards each and every time.
MyPlankton™ is safe for Children. Remember it is a SuperFood.
1ml per kilo of body weight is a suggested amount for small children, once they reach 15kg then just the normal 15ml per day applies. Parents, use your discretion!
MyPlankton™ is available by the bottle which contains 33 x 15ml serves
Our Marine Phytoplankton products are whole food, not a drug. Would you consider stopping eating when you are on medications? Just remember, as your health improves, you may not need some of your medications. As a precaution, always seek medical advice before stopping any medication.
Perhaps the most potentially serious problem involves the drug Coumadin / Wolfarin (a potent blood thinner). As your health improves, the degree of blood thinning in your blood may change, making an adjustment in the dose of the drug necessary. Please consult your physician if this is the case.
EVERYONE! It is a whole and complete superfood that all may benefit from. Marine Phytoplankton harness the sun’s energy through photosynthesis. The micro-nutrients and electrolytes in plankton are exactly what human cell membranes need to carry out their metabolism. When this membrane is damaged due to lack of nutrients and poor diet, the cell communication that coordinates metabolism is disrupted causing an array of problems. Phytoplankton nourishes cells at the cellular level.
Yes. Taking with any other supplement will only enhance your results.
Yes, It is naturally grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
It is such a nutritionally dense product; marine phytoplankton should help with cravings because the body is getting more of what it needs to function properly.
Marine phytoplankton is not a shellfish. If you are concerned, simply place a small amount of the liquid on the inside of the wrist after making a few “light” scratches and check for redness and irritation or consult your physician.
Absolutely! It is 100% vegetarian.
Not a problem! Our phytoplankton is tested, approved, grown, harvested and then tested again to provide assurance that there are no molds, yeast, toxins, heavy metals or contaminants and that it is approved for human consumption. Each batch comes with a Certificate of Analysis.
Marine Phytoplankton is delivered to you in the exact same species composition as is found in nature, the way your body is intended to receive them. We do not manipulate the species.